Arcadian organic lamb is available from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Click on the button to find your nearest stockist.
Caramelized smokey roast lamb rack with decadent maple bourbon sauce.
- 3 Australian lamb racks, 8-rib, frenched with cap off
- 11 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon hickory seasoning
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups bread crumbs,divided
- 3/8 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons shallots (scallions), minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper, sear on all sides and let cool.
- To make the glaze, combine 3/8 cup of maple syrup with the vinegar, hickory seasoning and brown sugar. Spread the glaze evenly over the lamb and apply 3/8 cup of bread crumbs to the meat. Melt 3 teaspoons of butter and combine with 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup and remaining bread crumbs. Drizzle bread crumbs over the meat.
- Roast each rack in a 230°C (450°F )oven for 16-20 minutes or until an internal core temperature of 55°C (130°F) is reached. Allow to rest 5-8 minutes.
- Combine bourbon, shallots and the remaining 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and reduce over high heat to a syrupy consistency. Add stock, bring to a boil and reduce again to a syrupy consistency.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, strain the sauce, set aside and keep warm.
- For each serving, slice 4 chops from each rack, place on a plate and serve with 2 ounces of bourbon sauce.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com