An delicious roast full of earthy and fruity flavours.
- 1 leg of lamb (bone removed)
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 85 g (3 ounces) dried plums
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 120 g (4 ounces) strong white bread, cut into small cubes
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 85 g (3 ounces) unsalted macadamia (or roasted chestnuts) nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Simmer dried plums, white wine, water and sugar until soft, remove the plums and reduce the syrup until sticky, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the bread into a bowl and pour the plum mixture over while hot so as to allow the juices to soak into the bread. Season with salt and white pepper. Add the macadamias and mix until combined.
- Stuff the cavity of the leg of lamb with the prepared stuffing. Use a wooden skewer to hold the opening together while cooking.
- Rub the surface with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and place prepared leg on a rack in roasting pan. Cook in oven, uncovered, for 1¼ hours.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com