Stuffed capsicums are a tasty and colourful way to serve a balanced meal, full of flavor and nutritional value.
- 250g (9 ounces) Cleaver’s Extra Lean Organic Beef or Lamb Mince
- 4 medium red or yellow capsicums (peppers)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup pre cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts finely chopped
- half a bunch of coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Middle Eastern spice mix
- Greek yogurt to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, zucchini, and pine nuts. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft.
Increase heat and add spice mix. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add mince. Cook, stirring until meat is browned. Remove from heat. Mix through rice and chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut the tops off the capsicums and remove centres. Place cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Spoon mince mixture into capsicums and then cover with the capsicum tops. Pour a 1/3 a cup of water into the dish. Cover dish with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 10 minutes or until capsicum are tender and the tops have begun to brown. Serve with a generous dollop of Greek yogurt.