Arcadian organic lamb is available from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Click on the button to find your nearest stockist.
Rack of lamb braised in maple syrup, white wine, oregano, and orange peel. Served over braised red potatoes and onions topped with peas and squash.
- 1.2kg (2.6 pounds) lamb rack
- 500 g (1 pound) baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small brown onions, peeled and cut into thick rings
- 3 large sprigs of fresh oregano
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 3 pieces of orange peel, 2cm (1 inch) wide
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) frozen peas
- 6 yellow squash, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Bring a heavy-based casserole dish to a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and brown lamb racks all over and set aside. Add another tbsp oil, then add potato halves, onion, and salt and cook until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Place lamb racks on top of vegetables and add wine, stock and 2 tbsp maple syrup to deglaze pan, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add orange peel and oregano and cover with lid. Place into the oven for 2 hours.
- Change oven to grill setting, uncover lamb, add peas, and squash, brush lamb with remaining maple syrup and allow to crisp up for 20 minutes , serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.beefandlamb.com.au