A fresh flavorsome twist on this classic salad.
- 2 boneless lamb loins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, lightly blanched and refreshed in chilled water
- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved and boiled until tender
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Shiraz
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Remove sinew from lamb. Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium heat. Sauté lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare. Cover with foil and allow to rest 5-10 minutes. Lamb can also be chilled to serve as a cold salad.
- Place beans, potatoes and olives in a bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Gently toss through the salad.
- To serve, slice lamb across the grain. Arrange vegetables and eggs on platter or individual plates. Top with lamb and drizzle with the reserved dressing.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com