Arcadian organic lamb is available from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Click on the button to find your nearest stockist.
Be a hero and make gyros for dinner! In 20 minutes, you can have these wraps ready to eat.
- 500 g (1 pound) lamb leg, trimmed and cut into steaks
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herb blend (or All Purpose Greek Seasoning)
- 1 to 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 small sweet onion, slivered
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup of Plain Greek yogurt, drained
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, grated and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces pita bread
- Thinly sliced English cucumber, as desired
- For the lamb: Preheat a large skillet over medium to high heat. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, herb blend, salt, onion, and oil. Toss to coat.
- Place the meat and onion in the skillet and cook until the meat is browned on both sides and the onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the meat to rest out of the pan for 5 minutes, then slice it into thin strips and toss it with the sautéed onion.
- For the Tzatziki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside. Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- Place one quarter of the meat inside each pita pocket, top with sliced cucumber, and garnish with tzatziki sauce.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com