Arcadian organic lamb is available from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Click on the button to find your nearest stockist.
Braised lamb neck fillet and lamb sausage in a thick tomato stock with white wine, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, okra and black- eyed peas.
- 1 kg (2 pounds) boneless lamb neck fillet, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp Mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 800g (1.7 pounds) crushed roma tomatoes
- 4 strips lemon zest
- 150 g (5 ounces) okra
- To serve brown rice, Tabasco sauce and lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F)
- Cover black-eyed peas with water, set aside.
- Mix flour, paprika, chilli powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss lamb in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Bring a large heavy- based casserole dish to medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Brown lamb in batches avoiding overcrowding, removing to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add another tbsp. oil, and brown onion and garlic. Add white wine to deglaze pan, and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add lamb back to the dish, add stock, tomatoes, thyme, lemon zest and soaked peas. Bring to a simmer and cover in foil. Place into oven for 2.5 hours or until very tender.
- Remove, uncover and add okra, cover and set aside until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice, lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce.
Recipe courtesy of www.beefandlamb.com.au