Give this party favorite a new lease on life by using lamb.
- 500 g (1 pound) Lamb leg, boned removed
- 1 package ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large potato
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 small turnip
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw pastry at room temperature. Cut the lamb into very small cubes. Peel and chop the onion, potato, carrots and turnip into very small pieces. Place in bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Separate pastry sheets. Using a 14cm (5 1/2 inch) rimmed dish or cutter, cut out pastry rounds. Place a heaping teaspoon of meat and vegetable mixture in the middle of a pastry round. Dip pastry brush in water and moisten edge of pastry round.
- Pull up two sides of pastry to top and seal by pinching pastry together across the top.
- Place completed pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 10 empanadas. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from tray using spatula.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com