A continental fruity lamb stew.
- 500 g (1 pound) fresh figs, trimmed and quartered
- 1 kg (2 pounds) lamb shanks, neck or stew meat
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 cup silvered almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your slow cooker, toss together the figs, lamb, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to season.
- Add the stock and set your slow cooker to low and simmer 3-4 hours.
- Pour the stew into a bowl and stir in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped herbs. Sprinkle the stew with the toasted almonds and serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of www.australian-lamb.com