A zesty and spicy Chilean lamb recipe.
- 800 g (1.8 pounds) lamb steaks or chops, trimmed of fat
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp drained chopped jalapenos
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (cilantro) root and stem
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cobs corn
- Lime wedges to serve
- Coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
- Combine ingredients for marinade and pour half of it over the lamb leg steaks. Turn lamb in marinade to coat evenly. Marinate for 10-30 minutes, until you’re ready to cook. Keep reserved marinade to serve.
- Preheat a grill pan or BBQ to very hot. Cook corn for 10 minutes, turning to char evenly. Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes and tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook lamb on grill pan or BBQ for 2-2.5 minutes per side for medium. Rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice to serve. Serve with vegetables and reserved marinade.
Recipe courtesy of www.beefandlamb.com.au