Arcadian organic lamb is available from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Click on the button to find your nearest stockist.
Roasted butterflied lamb leg served with a lemon and herb cream, char grilled corn and apple and parmesan salad.
- 1.5 kg (3 pounds) lamb leg, bone removed and trimmed of excess fat
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 small corn cobs, husk removed
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
Lemon and herb cream
- 1½ cups light sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
Apple and parmesan salad
- 2 small green apples, thinly sliced
- 80 g (3 ounces) baby rocket (aragula)
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the marinade, place zest, juice, honey, garlic, paprika, rosemary and oil in a large bowl. Season to taste and whisk to combine. Add lamb and using your hands rub marinade all over lamb. Place lamb in a large roasting pan on top of a wire rack; season lamb to taste. Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked to your liking; rest for 20 minutes loosely covered with foil in a warm place before carving to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make the lemon and herb cream, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine; season to taste.
- While lamb is resting, preheat a lightly greased char-grill pan or barbecue to high. Cook corn, turning frequently, for 12 minutes or until corn is cooked. Cook asparagus, turning frequently, for 2 minutes or until just cooked; season corn and asparagus to taste.
- To make the salad place all ingredients in a large bowl, season to taste and toss well to combine.
- Carve lamb against the grain and divide among plates. Serve with lemon and herb cream, salad, asparagus and barbecued corn.
Recipe Courtesy of www.beefandlamb.com.au